Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monopoly House Pendant // DIY // Repurpose October

It's here! It's here! REPURPOSE OCTOBER has finally arrived and I am so excited to share all of these awesome repurposing projects with you! 

I know you've been waiting on the edge of your seats for this. 
C'mon, you know you have, don't deny it!

Today for the first week of REPURPOSE OCTOBER, we will be making these really cute necklace pendants from the houses/hotels that belong to a special edition of a Monopoly board game!



Don't forget to keep sending in your repurposed item crafts during the entire month of October via e-mail! I will be making a feature post of my favorites at the end of the month.


The houses come from a special edition of a Monopoly game that my mom got for me at a yard sale. If you can't find similar houses to these and still really want the necklace or pendant, I have them for sale in my Etsy shop!

You can find the listing for this in my Etsy shop here.

Read on to find out how to make them!



Here's what you'll need:
-Monopoly house
-Jump ring
-E-6000 glue
-jewelry pliers
-pendant back (shown in more detail below. I got mine at Michael's in the jewlery making section)
-Q-tips
Seriously the best stuff ever.

First off, I apologize for not really taking pictures during the process! I will try to explain it as best as I can, but since it was such a quick process (other than letting the glue dry), I forgot to snap "during" pictures. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and ask!

Here's what you do:

1. Using a q-tip, spread a little E-6000 on the back of the Monopoly house and on one side of the pendant back.

2. Let each part dry for about 30 seconds so they are tacky and then firmly press them together and hold. Allow to dry overnight per instructions on the E-6000 package.

3. Put a jump ring through the hole on the pendant back and slide onto a necklace chain.

And that's it! Easy, right? Below is a picture of the pendant back in greater detail.

(Note: in this picture, I used a different pendant attachment than a jump ring, but it ended up not working that well so I decided to use a simple jump ring instead).

I love how quirky this little necklace is! 

Again, if you can't find the supplies, I have a few for sale in my Etsy shop here.
________________________________________________________________________

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."
-James 1:2-3

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I like how unique this necklace is! Would be a good conversation piece ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Alyssa. This is adorable. I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine! I'm so glad you like it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Alyssa

      Delete
  3. This is so fun! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha. love this! especially because my husband and I ALWAYS play monopoly with another couple and this would be SO great for a little stocking stuffer gift! by the way, I found your blog from Jessica's sidebar! excited to be your newest follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! It would be a great (and easy!) stocking stuffer, especially since it means so much to you!

      Thanks for stopping by and I am so glad you enjoyed it enough to start following along :)

      Alyssa

      Delete
  5. I am making my junior prom dress and the dress is going to be made out of the entire monopoly game. I am wanting to make bracelets out of the houses and was wondering if maybe you has some advice for me?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.