Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket  photo linec_zpsaf5a5183.jpg Photobucket

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Garland // DIY

This week is the start of finals week (boo) and thus a lot of studying (double boo), so today's post is a quick one.

Today we're making garland out of an old book! This whole project cost me 50 cents. And no, that wasn't a typo!




(Aren't those dorm room walls classy? Yeeeeah baby.)

It is super easy!
Read on to learn how.


Here's what you need:
-an old book (I got mine at a yard sale for 50 cents!)
-circle punch (...or lots of patience. I only have one of the two. Can you guess which?)
-sewing machine (or even more patience)


Here's what you do:

1. Cut out a bunch of circles! You can go random and just cut away wherever the circle punch lands on the page, or you can search for cool-looking pictures. 

2. Start sewing the circles together with your sewing machine. Stitch through the circle then keep pressing the foot for a little bit of open space between circles, and then add another circle. 

I went completely random with space between circles. Some a little space, some a lot, and some circles I sewed on top of one another in order to give the garland a little interest.

3. When you have the desired length, tie knots at the ends, although I doubt it will ever come unraveled from the paper.
_________________________________________________________________________________
"Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful."
-Proverbs 16:20

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. what a fun and easy idea!!! I know I have some old school books I'd like to cut apart and hang all over my office!!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback? Questions? Say it here! I love hearing from you all.

Please keep your comments and feedback kind and uplifting.